Gulf Coast Party Platforms Project
The plank demands:
1) the federal government fulfill its moral obligations to rebuild and help the displaced realize their human right to return;
2) local community planning in how federal funds are used to rebuild communities;
3) enactment of HR 4048, the Gulf Coast Civic Works Act;
4) increased funding for building and providing access to affordable housing; and
5) funding for equitable Category 5 flood protection and coastal restoration.
The resolution campaign is focused currently on the political parties and eventually the conventions but similar supportive resolutions could be presented by your local municipal, county/parish and/or state level government body as well in support of these federal actions.
We need supporters to present resolutions to their state Democratic and Republican Parties in hopes of being passed by vote thereby mandating delegates from as many state parties as possible to support these planks in the national party platforms.
Any member of a state party can present a resolution or platform amendment. Still each state party has different rules and timelines for presenting resolutions and platform planks and how and when the resolutions are voted on. You will have to call your state party office (Find State Republican Party Contacts here: http://www.gop.com/Connect
If you are interested in submitting a resolution, please call your state party office as soon as possible for details! If you have submitted a resolution or have questions, please write to Scott Myers-Lipton (email@example.com) to inform the campaign of your participation so we can coordinate and help coordinate support for the resolutions within your state party.
Dr. Scott Myers-Lipton